Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Singapore, Singapore – Part VIII



Finally, Together Again
The hotel lobby was quiet with the exception of a couple of chatty women who had arrived too early to check into their rooms as well. Their exhaustion was evident as one immediately poured herself onto the entire length of the lobby couch. Within seconds, a quiet, petite man from the front desk was at her side and whispered something in her ear. She drug herself up to a sitting position as she barked, “Are you kidding me? We can’t lie down here?” Good thing for my state of pins and needles or I would have had the same conversation with the kind man about 3 hours earlier. As I turned the pages of my book, I tried hard to focus on the words but my mind was continuously on my daughter. ‘I can’t wait to see Tara!; I can’t wait to see Tara’s show!; How are we going to get all of Tara’s things into four suitcases?!; We’ll have to move her out of the condo today; Who will keep her suitcases while we go to Thailand?! I hope I don’t have to go off on anyone well I’m here!; Her employers better be sure she doesn’t have any problems with customs!; Did I pack my boxing gloves for that little stinker that has caused my daughter and everyone else so much trouble since she’s been here?!; Remember to budget – Times are hard!; Oh Lord, I can’t wait to see Tara!; I can’t wait to see her show!!...’

Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by a loud shrill, “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I turned to see my beautiful daughter running towards me, overloaded with bags. She was still in her glittering show outfit, extended hair and extended eyelashes. She was radiant! I jumped up to give her a hug and at that moment time stood still. All my previous thoughts and worries were forgotten. We were together again. The decibel level in the lobby increased instantly and became a backdrop for all the animation set before me. Her facial expressions and hand gestures told a story all on their own. Her voice would rise and fall like a rollercoaster and it definitely took you along for the ride. My baby, My Lovey, I’m so proud of you!

At that time, I had no idea how quickly the next twelve days would pass!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home