Monday, November 02, 2009

Let's start with an extended version of About ME

First, let me start by saying that my name isn’t Simple nor is it Sally. "Simple Sally" is just a nickname that has grown on me. As a child, all of my uncles were very loving. However, on my mother's side of the family, they love to show their affection by poking fun. I was a huggable, carefree child, often in a world of my own. “Oblivious” is the word my mother often used to describe me. On occasion, I would be shaken from my state of oblivion by one of my uncles (uncle Jimmy is the one I remember saying it most), as he would playfully ask me, “are you going simple on us?” It always made me giggle and as I aged it was a thought that delighted me. So it stuck, and here I am today, your Simple Sally.

I’m just a simple Orange County girl, born and raised in Costa Mesa, California. I've moved around a bit but always find my way back here. I can't say I'm too interesting but not a bore either. I like simple things in a complex way. Colors excite me; Water soothes me. Listening to music is a definite source of travel taking me to far off places or into the depths of my soul.

My family is large with extensions reaching across the country and beyond to Mexico and Guatemala, oh… and Texas for all those that believe Texas is its own country. I’m proud of my roots, thankful for every generation and off spring that has carved a vein for our family blood to travel in new directions. Every member is a part of me and regardless of the time or distance that may come between us, I love them all dearly. My one and only child, Tara, is my pride and joy. Anyone that has met me has not escaped without hearing at least a few words to describe this vibrantly bold and animated piece of my heart. Ever since she was the age of two, she has been someone I’ve learned from, been inspired by, and has brought the stability to our ever changing lives.

Carmela is my dog. She is a pudgy 10 lb. Chihuahua / Jack Russell mix. This would lead most to believe she is extremely hyper. However, with the exception of new introductions, she is rather mellow. She loves it when she’s allowed to lick faces without limit and like many females, she loves to hear her own voice. Other than that, she’s quite a lazy dog that will fetch a toy but rarely return it for another toss. She rules the house and creates a burrow in the strangest places so she has a collection of mini-quilts to make her simple life easier. She loves to watch television with the family but my computer time always sends her off to a cuddly corner. I’m guessing she’d much rather see the computer destroyed and would do it herself if she wasn’t afraid of her own shadow. Not even the tips of Carmela’s paw will find its way into dark corners or tight places. For this I am thankful.

I’m nearing 50 in a few years and though I’ve passionately worked at many jobs, I’ve never found my true passion. I’m rather good at helping others to find theirs but finding my own has been a challenge. In recent years I’ve learned that I’m quite creative, like to write, and with all the time I spend on this computer, I realized that blogging might be a great hobby for me. So this brings us to the here and now… but what to blog about???

I have no idea! So this will be an adventure for me and any of you that wish to join me. It will be an exploration of who I am and who I will become as I learn more about my wants, my needs, what I like, what I don’t like, things I hide behind or rationalize; all the little threads that make up “me”. So please join me if you wish, I’d be happy to share the experience.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home